Thursday, May 14, 2009

Letters to the President

Malacanan Palace
14 May 2009

In less than a month in office, I would like to say that the response to my administration has been overwhelmingly positive, and to that I thank each and everyone of you. Thank you for the comments and emails, I do appreciate them. It's a good reminder that there are people out there that are interested in what I have to say. So today I would like to share with you several emails from our countrymen and my response/s to said letters.

Dear Mr. President,

Not that it matters but, are you going to endorse anyone for the 2010 polls? If yes, why and if not why not? (Malabo ba tanong ko ?)

- Naguguluhan (Toronto, Canada)

Naguguluhan, thanks for your email. I probably will endorse someone for president although there is also a big possibility that I might not. Lets just say right now, like a high school student, I have a lot of crushes, but none of them has made me lets just say "kilig." If someone comes across and makes me swoon like a high school student in a Jonas Brothers concert, that might sway my vote.

Mr. President,

In one of your first entries, I think the first one, I saw someone ask you about your stand on CHA CHA, gay marriage etc. I am really curious on what you think about gay marriage. Thanks for your time.

- F. Castro (San Francisco, California)

Hi Mr/Ms Castro. I intend to do a position paper on gay marriage in the coming days but since you asked, all I can say is: have'nt they suffered enough? Look, if someone is stupid enough to submit oneself to another person, well go right ahead! Marriage is overrated anyway. If they want to suffer like us heteros, well, be my guest.

Mr. President,

I noticed that you are a basketball fan. Boston? LA? Denver? Houston? Cleveland?

- Hoopster007 (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)

Basketball is a passion of mine. Count me among one of the millions of delusional Filipinos who thinks that if I was 6'3 I could play in the NBA. I do have a sweet jumper, not quite Ray Allen like but close to Allan Caidic. I did win an MVP award just two years ago. Anyway, during these playoffs, I am back to my usual role of a stoic basketball fan since the Warriors are once again out of the post season, so I do not have any vested interest in any of the teams still playing. But for me ANYONE BUT THE LAKERS. The Lakers have the most bandwagon fans in the entire universe. Laker fans now were the Chicago Bulls fans during the Jordan days, who became Rockets fans during Olajuwon, who became San Antonio fans when Shaq left LA, and now are back to being Laker Fans. Its sad. I do like the Nuggets since they remind me of the We Believe Warriors of two years ago, but it just looks like Lebron James' year. He is what we thought Michael Jordan would be if MJ was 6'9.

Mr. President,

What is your favorite song? Color? Movie? What is the presidential car? What is love?

- Carlo (Manila, Philippines)

Carlo, sana pinapirma mo na lang ako ng slumbook. Anyway to answer your question, I don't think there's one answer to each of them but I'm going to try and wittle it down anyway. Song: Tenderness, Build me up Buttercup, Just got Lucky, Kapag Tumibok ang Puso. I like songs that makes me bounce up and down, lift my hands up, and give me good vibes. Hate sappy ones and those tunes drug addicts like. Color: Green. People have said I look best in green (they probably think I'm a leprechaun or Shrek) Movie: May Minamahal is one of my favorites of all time, local or foreign. Takbo Peter Takbo is a classic, which stars Chiquito and Coney Reyes. It's a prelude to 28 days after or Night of the Living Dead. Elvis and James Part 1 is one of the best I've seen as well, specially when Rene Requiestas went to Baguio wearing a "hunghang" shirt. Foreign, well I loved Crash, the Rocky series, Rudy, Shooting Fish (I saw this movie with 3 other people inside the movie theatre, one of Kate Beckinsale's first movies) Presidential Car: an '08 Japanese Car and a '01 American Minivan. Love: I used to say Love is Lagablab in high school since I think it's ridiculous to ask such a question. Why don't you ask me who is my crush and I might just tell you. Pasensya na napahaba ang sagot ko.

Mr. President,

I stumbled upon your blog searching the net for portable washing machines. Eversince that time, I have enjoyed reading all your blog entries. My question is do you intend to change the feel of your blog to appeal to more people? The reason I asked is I sent a link to a friend of mine and she said she does'nt get it.

- Tina (Laguna, Philippines)

Tina, I get what you're trying to say. I myself admit that this blog does not have that mass appeal. I don't know if that's by design but hey it is what it is. But tell your friend to come back and read it the second time, and she might just like it. The blog is kinda like that not so hot girl at the bar. Once you've had a few beers, it becomes a little bit more attractive that you might just take it home.

Mr. President,

Will you ever upload a picture of yourself? Just curious.

- Joanne (Seattle, Washington)

Joanne, I'm nothing to look at believe you me. But hey if you're really curious, I am all over the internet. You just gotta know where to look.

Anyway, I hope I've answered a few of your questions. There are a few more in the mailbag that I'm going to try and compile and answer in one sitting. I encourage everyone to send your comments and ANY questions you need answers for and I am going to try and answer them truthfully and in a timely manner. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who ask them. I hope to hear from you soon. Email me: Usda_gradeameat at yahoo dot com.

(Sgd.) H.E. President of the Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment